Monday, July 28, 2008

July 18 Finally Friday

Not that it being Friday made it any less nutty. We all had dental appointmnets in the morning. After this we set out on a grand adventure to find the art studio where the girls made glass fusion rings the weekend before. Both Stacey and I had deleted the info from our emails and the GS council office wasn't helpful. I knew the cross streets and Elle said she would recognize the building so off we went. Over the river (literally), onto two freeways, around the college, and through several nice and not so nice neighborhoods. Why can't I remember that streets do not ever go all the way through around here? Growing up in LA and living in Europe have honed my sense of direction and ability to modify on the go. We did find it, got the rings, and took a different route home. Turns out the studio was a few blocks from where our puppy got spayed, I had no trouble finding my way out of there. Thank God it was daylight. And thank my Mom for passing on her photographic memory when it comes to driving. If I have been there once I will find it again.

After our adventures we had lunch, I picked up the house, and tried to get baby to nap, ha ha. Then the real fun began. I demanded that Stacey bring me her four kids and go home and nap after a week of VBS with all of them (plus another 2 she was taking=8 kids & 1 mom) or go on a date with her husband.

Elle made an enormous fort and all 7 of them played in it. I'm telling you, the more of them there are the better entertained they keep themeselves. I ordered pizza fro dinner and got a great laugh out of that. Seven kids, two in high chairs, around my table, a sight I don't think my husband or I want to see permanently. Here it is...
The older kids were all laughing at the babies, Bekah and her raspberries, and Cody taking the food out of his mouth and giving it to them. The babies...

The evening was interesting after dinner. A brief nap for Bekah, some diaper changes, cat vomit, a dog eating pizza out of the trash, and a cranky seven year old boy having his umpteenth meltdown of the day. I finally gave up and we went on a walk. The fresh air helped, the boys got to run, and the girls chased after Cody who was determined to pick every dandelion in the neighborhood.

What a great time! Thanks Stacey for letting me keep your babies! They are wonderful to have around.

No comments: