Sunday, July 27, 2008

July 14-15 A Break in the schedule? Yeah right.

After our crazy few days we needed some down time. We got Monday. Only Monday. The kids played and read then went to VBS. Baby wanted a lot of attention and nursing, so I didn't accomplish much. After the kis went to VBS I went to see a brand new baby from our church. Bekah was very intrigued to see someone smaller than her.

Then came Tuesday.

Running out of cereal, GRRR, I just went to the comm
Piano lessons
Target has cereal on sale, hooray, I don't have to go to the comm
Gift's for asst. coaches also found at Target, I don't have to go to the sporting goods store
Blockbuster, use coupon for free game rental before it expires.
Exchange Jake for Peyton again
Learn that they have added THREE extra games to the end of our season
Make dinner for family with new baby
Pack a picnic dinner and extra drinks for between games and baby's dinner
Pack game stuff and team snacks
Load truck
Take dinner to family, help unpack kitchen (did I mention they just moved?)
Get more ice for coolers
Go back to friend's house, forgot Bekah's wubby
Game time. Learn the reason for extra games. The coaches involved in the fight last week have been thrown out of the league. They have apparently taken their team with them so we are filling in so that the other teams still get to play their scheduled games.
It is really hot and humid even in the shade
Did I mention that we found out these games didn't count due to the team dropping out?
Umps called game early due to mercy rule and heat, our team won 17-7 and still had an inning left to bat
Dinner between games
Storm on the horizon
Girls played an awesome second game
Game called early due to lightning
Movie theatre to purchase tickets for Thursday's movie
Storm moving in quickly, lightning very close, it looks ugly
Church where Jake was at VBS lost power
They barely beat the storm home, it was ugly
Super quick baths for all, settle in with the electricity flickering
10 minutes of heavy rain, strong wind = water pouring in the basement window that got fixed last week
Almost got baby to sleep when older siblings woke her up, (take a deep breath mom)

My husband loves storms. I miss him when it is storming.

No comments: