- Tax free income. This is good because I am not giving birth to any more deductions.
- Some credit card companies will give the military member a super low APR, thank you USAA.
- Some cell phone providers will suspend the regular charges on the military member's phone. If the military member's phone is the primary line and the second line is free, this means you are only paying insurance and taxes (and for the text msgs your 17 year old sister insists on sending), thank you Sprint.
- These money saving bonuses will pay off the 'necesseties' your husband had to have to survive this deployment.
- Family support sends you an invitaion to the USO Sesame Street Live experience and you get VIP seating. (Ben should be home for this and HE is really excited. Elle has declared she hopes no one sees her).
- The USPS will send you free packing materials to send your loved one care packages (1-800-CARE-4-KIT).
- You get a free oil change.
- You don't have to shave your legs unless you want to.
- You get to build really great arm and back muscles mowing your jungle, I mean lawn.
So there it is. Things I focus on to keep my snaity when my husband gets orders. To my military sisters-feel free to add your own.


4 comments:
10. no uniforms to wash
11. no dumb cartoons on in the evenings
12.no gas smell permeating the house from the motorcycle being turned on in the garage
13. no 'please write my masters thesis for me' whining. or is that one just me? (i usually think he is kidding...)
i like this game, gets my spirits up, probably going to have to continue back at my place!
sarah
I forgot about the uniforms! How could I forget about the uniforms?
After all those years of starching and ironing those awful BDU's with all of their pockets and creases, flight suits are a cake walk! Yay! So that I don't mind.
And Elle doesn't want to go to Sesame Place? Seriously? I am SO PUMPED! Yeah! Tell her to hold her head high, and know that no matter how geeky she feels, she is still WAY cooler than me! ;)
Great focus, Kris! Hang in there.
Did you have a "halfway party"? That will be our new tradition. The last deployment was hard because: 1. we'd been spoiled by 4 month deployments and 6 1/2 seemed long....of course several of my friends have dh's who are gone for 18 months so I was a wimp....
2. Mike was gone for 7 birthdays and all major holidays.....
3. BUT that 1/2 way party was a blast....we just did it at home....I served everything in 1/2's.....cut plates in 1/2 etc. I hadn't warned the kids and it was fun to see how long it took them to figure it out!
You are in my prayers, friends.
Post a Comment