Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fourth of July

Happy Independence Day!
One of the elders of our church and his wife throw a big barbeque and invite the whole congregation every year. It is a wonderful time of fellowship and fun. The kids set off fireworks of all variety all evening ( so do many adults), stopping just long enough to shove yummy food in their mouths, and the other adults visit and watch. This was our second year with this family of Christians and I am looking foward to many more. We had a great time but I missed Ben. Holidays and family events are hard when the love of your life is on the other side of the world. Even when surrounded by loving friends. But, at least I get to celebrate and be with our kids. For Ben and all the troops it was just another day away from family. Humbling thought. So here are some scenes from our day.

Teaching the next generation of pyro's


Bekah watching the big kids throw poppers. Don't grandma types always have the coolest toys?

Lighting parachutes for the boys


How many fireworks has he lit?

Patti, our lovely hostess spoiling, I mean holding Beks


Bekah loves her lion teether.





USA baby!

This boy LOVES his fireworks!


Oh look, another toy in Bekah's mouth.


Who authorized this picture?


Becoming one with the bugs


More fireworks!


The grand finale.




Thank you so much Frank and Patti for your hospitality!

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I'm glad someone grabbed a photo of you. LOL

Holidays are HARD during deployments! Praying all is well.

Am I forgiven for teasing you on my blog?