Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I'm not laughing yet

So, today I went to the commissarry, three kids in tow. While I was there, as if a trip to the comm, on or near payday, with your children who started fighting as soon as you got there, wasn't bad enough, I fell. Yes, I fell. I stepped in a huge puddle and down I went, on my knee. If I wasn't so stressed and on the verge of tears and, at that moment, cranky with my kids, I would have probably laughed. But it hurt and not one person came to see if I was okay (did I mention it was payday week-it was crowded). Then the poor store worker whom I hollored at to ask for help and a mop, pointed out the 'Caution, wet floor' sign to me and asked if I saw it. I pointed out that I did see it, right where it was, three feet from the puddle, on the other side of the bin of melons, where the floor is completely dry. GRRR. There was a lot more about this trip that made it one of the worst I've ever had but, in the spirit of focusing on my blessings, I am trying to let them all go. Let's just say that if gas wasn't $4 a gallon, I might have gone home and come back another day, minus my little blessings. On the bright side, at least it was me and not an older patron. The way I went down in a split would have been a broken hip for sure. I will look at my bruised and slightly swollen knee as a public service. But, I'm still not laughing yet.

1 comment:

Amy© said...

Oh, bless your heart!

I hate the commissary. I don't think I've been there yet this year. Remind me to tell you (privately) about my funny commissary story. You will laugh--at me. ;)