"WARNING! Men at work"
Ever wonder why they need a sign? Women work all the time only we don't have to warn anyone. (Borrowed)
We finally got the basement completely dry and this afternoon housing maintenance sent TWO crews to deal with it. First off, I pointed out the hole next to the house where dirt has just been washing right in and ask what they can do about it, then I took the other guy down to look at the cracks and mold. At first they kind of shined me on about the hole outside then, about 20 minutes later, I come out and they are pouring dry cement in it. The guy looked at me and said, "that hole was pretty deep". They also poured cement around the window well. The other guy cleaned/bleached the mold and sealed the window well again and some of the cracks in the wall. The amazing part is that they actually did something. We haven't had a significant amount of rain nor has the hose been left on again, so we shall see how this holds up.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yeah... we shall see.
Hopefully you don't have serious rodent infestations that cause you to have flooding basements and other problems of that nature. I hope, anyway. I'm not the kind of person that would wish that on anyone.
Post a Comment