Saturday, August 2, 2008
The definition of insanity?
Is 3 moms and 10 kids going to a restaraunt on a Friday night. And by restaraunt I mean a sit down place with a waitress not McDonalds. After the activity center we all went to Cracker Barrel, they did not look happy to see us. The one hostess said we were quite brave. But it went really well. Our waitress was wonderful with all of us and the kids did really well. The older couple behind Sarah kept cooing at the babies and playing with them. The only ear piercing scream while we were there came from another table. Then another couple complemented me as I was following Jake to the bathroom. The gentelman told me he was very impressed with all of us, with the kids, and how well we handled all of them. I thanked him and explained that all the daddies were AF and deployed and we get a lot of practice at this. The same gentelman said similar to Stacey as we were leaving. I laugh because Stacey and I generally practice the 'it takes a village' concept of raising children. We both interact/deal with/discipline eachother's children depending on whose closer or available. We get asked a lot which kids belong to who. Even the waitress couldn't put them all together by the end of the meal as she helped Jake and Elle order then I cut Jake and Connor's pancakes. This is generally true wherever we go and we have a good time together. I love that our kids almost never have conflict with eachother, especially the girls, and even if they have spent the last three days together they are asking if they can play again today. Good times, good friends. Can we all never leave this base?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment