Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Question for the mom's

FAIR WARNING - this may be a little TMI or personal, but I need advice from real WOMEN and moms and do not want to ask Doogie Howser at FMR

I have noticed a pattern to baby's eating/sleeping pattern that is making me wonder. Just about every two weeks she goes through this cycle of wanting to nurse every 2 1/2 - 3 hours all day and night, then she'll settle back into once a night, once mid day, and once before bed routine before flopping the other way again (Note-she eats baby food twice a day as well). Now this last time I realized that this pattern is matching my cycle. Right before I ovulate and right before my period my breasts feel empty and she is constantly nursing. Has anyone else experienced this? For the record, I breastfed my older two for 11 1/2 and 10 1/2 months, respectively, and I have never gone without my period while nursing. It shows up 29-31 days after the postpartum stops. I truly am fertile Myrtle. It has never affected my milk supply before but I am wondering if it is now. I know she is eating, (relax grandma, she's not starving), I hear let down and she seems full but then she's hungry in 2 hours. that is not normal for a 7 month old, is it?

Any thoughts, input, anyone experienced this?

2 comments:

Holly said...

stumped here. that sounds wild though and very possible

Amy© said...

Hmmm. Your hormones may be affecting your milk supply. But she may just be getting ready for more food! I used to give my little guys a big bowl of cereal right before bed, and then nurse them, and that would tide them through a longer portion of the night.