So I have to blog 250 words a day for my Creative Writing class. I know, rough class. For today's writing I wrote a poem about what I hope college is for my little sister who started college yesterday. I have been reflecting a lot on how different our college experiences will be. I am grateful that she is not doing the hard way like me.
I Wish For You
a poem
by Kristine Lowe
a poem
by Kristine Lowe
I wish for you...
New adventures
New friends
New places
New experiences
I wish for you...
Fun
Excitement
Happiness
The joy of learning
I wish for you...
New knowledge
New skills
New ideas
New passions
I wish for you...
Independence
Freedom
Safety
Good health
I wish for you...
Challenges
Opportunities
Uncertainties
Broadened horizons
I wish for you...
Drive
Desire
Focus
Coming into your own
I wish for you.
I wish so much for you, my precious baby sister.
To see you so young, so alive, so carefree.
Your story yet unwritten.
I am elated and jealous all at once.
I wish for you.
I wish college to be everything.
A new experience.
An exciting time.
Limitless possibilities.
I wish for you.
I wish that you savor this time.
Enjoy every minute.
Soak up the experience.
Learn about you and the life you want.
I wish for you.
I wish for you joy and happiness.
Life and love.
Going down the path you choose.
And looking back with no regrets.
I wish for you...
for my Sammi


1 comment:
Very nice. So does this mean we will definitely have a blog post from you every day for a while?
Post a Comment