This morning was good. I dropped Elle off at the Red Cross Babysitting course then came home and cuddled with the boys for a few. Baby got up and joined the cuddle. I made my hubby and kids a yummy breakfast, got some dished cleaned, played a board game, and got all the easter stuff put away and my table cleared before we had to dress and take Ben in.
We got to spend some time with Ben before they got on the bus to go to the plane(?). We got lunch, baby napped, I watched some DWTS online, Jake played the Wii, we picked Elle back up, then I had to get ready for a PTA mtg. Elle was babysitting her siblings and the children of another hubby just deployed today neighbor, who is having a bang up day as well.
It all went downhill from there.
As if PTA wasn't bad enough, my newly Red Cross certified babysitter calls 10 minutes into the meeting to ask how you get gum out of hair. Who's hair, I ask, praying it is not my friend's little girl. It is. Jake was apparently spitting his gum into the air and catching it (???) and missed and it landed in Emma's hair instead???!!! I start laughing and crying as I add to Kara's day by telling her gum somehow got into Emma's hair. She laughs and cries as well.
We get home and Elle has gotten all of the gum out of Emma's hair, whew, but the baby was playing in my toilet while she was doing it. Um, gross. The cat has vommited in two separate spots. And it looks like they have both been stepped in. Clean that, scrub carpet, feed children, bathe children, grab a diaper and pj's, find that the naked baby has pooped in one room then pee'd in the next as she is running from you, grrrr. Dress baby, clean floors, clean hands, settle little bodies into bed.
Sigh...scrounge for leftovers for dinner, do more dishes, realize just how much my house has suffered from my injured back, cringe with horror as I realize that Kara was in my house and saw how bad it is.
Let the deployment fun and games begin. Oh Lord...
3:56am - the sound of vomit woke me up. Forgot that my back was hurt and tried to jump out of bed, back spasm followed. And no, they didn't make it to the toilet...
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment