Wednesday, April 29, 2009

At least it was for a good cause?

The cub scout theme this month was space so the boys made rockets of all kind. Foam rockets, film canister/alka seltzer rockets, and, yes, mentos in a coke bottle. They got explode things. They had fun.




Our pack also held a silent cake auction this month. The cake had to be homemade, the scout had to help, and it could match the theme or not. Jake and I chose a smore's cake. Chocolate cake, chocolate and marshmellow center, and more chocolate cake frosted and decorated to look like a smore. Both Elle and Jake really wanted our cake. So we get to the meeting and Elle texts me, "Bring the cake home. I have money, I'll pay you back". After all is said and done, I won not only my cake but someone else's as well. I only bid on it to keep things moving and I wound up winning! So, I bought ingredients, suffered with Jake in my tiny kitchen helping, then paid to bring my own cake home? And someone else's? Huh? Anyone want some cake? I have plenty.
The smore's cake




2 comments:

Missy said...

Like you need to ask?! Just bring it all to group on Saturday-it'll be gone in the blink of an eye! (nice job by the way)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

But it's such a cute cake!