Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election day

Many thoughts have been running through my head over the last couple of weeks. I had no doubts about the candidate I was voting for but I find myself afraid for this nation. I am fearful of the direction this country could be headed for. I know I am not alone in this. In 1 Timothy we are called to pray for our government leaders, so I ask you to join me in prayer today. Pray for this nation, pray for our future president, pray, pray, pray.

I would like to leave these links for the undecided out there. As I said, there has never been any doubts for me who I would vote for, but these affirmed my choice.

I received this via email and thought, my husband goes to war for this? This photo is not doctored in any way, it is real (you can check it out on snopes here), and I do not care what 'modern' custom dictates, you place your hand over your heart and face the flag as well as "just show respect with your demeanor". I am sorry, but how you address the flag, "in this day and age", is NOT irrelevant! Our sons, husbands, fathers, daughters, wives, mothers, siblings are dying for our country! No, this is not irrelevant.

There are no words for this. Only tears.
Silent Screams

Thank you to this blogger for saying what many of us would like to.
Voted

In prayer,
Kris

1 comment:

Libby Design said...

Hey Kristine,

Thanks for your post. Oh how my heart ached watching that video. I'd seen it before, but it's still so disturbing. This is a scary time in our society, but ultimately we know that God is in control and His will will be done. I agree with you that it's so incredibly important for all of us to be in prayer today and everyday. Thanks again for the great post!