Sunday, November 16, 2008

Merry Christmas

Yes, I know I'm a bit early. But since I am typing on our Christmas present, it is appropriate. Our old computer was about 7 years old, which in supermodel and electronic years is like, old. When we bought it, it was top of the line and it had a whole 20gb hard drive! Anyway, it was taking every ounce of memory just to run the operating systems and it was running them sloooowly. Being cheap, um I mean frugal, I would have happily kept it a few more years relying heavily on our external hard drive. In the end, Benjamin wore me down, and we are now the proud owners of a new desktop with, drumroll please, a 648gb hard drive! WOW! This computer doesn't even flinch when it opens my picture file with 11,662 pictures in it. Everything is so bright and shiny and moves quickly. I am still getting used to the new OS and trying to find where the buttons are, but it is not too bad. Thanks Mom for donating to our new toy, I kept the boxes so we can unwrap them at Christmas and act surprised. And now that Ben has re-loaded our programs and files, I will catch everyone up on some pictures.

No comments: