Monday, July 12, 2010
Road Trip to DC
We set out from Nebraska on a Monday and rolled into DC on Tuesday. Day one, we stopped for lunch with Granny and Papa in IN then pressed on to somewhere south of Toledo. Note to self for next time, the Country Inn and Suites were really nice. Day two, we stopped in Pittsburgh, PA for lunch at, you guessed it The Hard Rock Cafe.
One of the quietest cafes we have been to, and really understated. But, as usual, good food and good service. We were across one of the three rivers from the two sports stadiums, and had a pretty view.




The historic iron works were neat and the little area we were in was pretty, but getting out of Pittsburgh was an adventure. The GPS on my phone took us over the river, through the woods, and along the Mason-Dixon line to get out of PA. I guess it avoided the PA toll roads, but I am not sure that was better. There were times we were the only car for miles in them mountain passes. But we eventually made it through PA, WV, and MD to VA and Stacey's house. I absolutely loved being near one of my closest friends again, and the kids played like they had never been apart. More to come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What a great trip. Love your little one's curls. Wow the kids are growing. I sound like a little old lady. ::snort::
Post a Comment