I am posting this before Rachael eggs my house.
1-15oz can black beans
1-15.5oz can garbanzo beans
1-15.5oz can kidney beans
1 cup (8oz) dried lentils, sorted and rinsed
1 large, veg or chicken bullion cube, crumbled
1-1.25oz envelope chili seasoning mix
3 cups water
1-10oz can diced tomatoes and mild green chilies, undrained
1-15oz can tomato sauce
Rinse and drain beans, mix all ingredients except tomatoes and tomato sauce in 3-4 quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 hours
Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Increase heat to high. Cover and cook 5 more minutes.
Makes 8-1cup servings
(Courtesy of Betty Crocker)
My two cents-Yumm, yumm, yumm. This animal free recipe is actually really good-and healthy (shhh, don't tell my kids). Seriously, my kids love it, and everyone I have served it to has asked for the recipe. This recipe feeds my family of 5 and then some. For a crowd I usually double it in my 8 quart crock pot, and it makes a lot. I fed 15ish people on Halloween and had leftovers. It also re-heats really well. An added bonus to this recipe; it's cheap to make. I think the ingredients cost me around $5 at the commissary, besides the bullion cubes.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment