Monday, August 3, 2009

Family Vacation 09

Yes, I know - finally. So we took the kids to Walt Disney world for the first time. We figured we might as well while they are offering the military specials. What an awesome time we had. We went in the middle of July-the hottest and busiest days they have-but it wasn't bad at all. Hot, but not humid, and not nearly as busy as I expected. We didn't wait more than 20 minutes for any ride in any park with the exception of Peter Pan's flight in the Magic Kingdom at 12:30AM during their 'extra magic hours'. Staying on the property was worth the money, their transportation system was awesome, the dining plan did save us a lot and we were over-fed, and our resort was just fun. We even got to hang with some friends who happened to be their at the same time. The days were long and we were exhausted when we got home, but it was totally worth it.

Day 1 pics-Arriving

Riding on Disney's Magical Express


Disney has their own section of terminal to pick up it's guests and transport them to the property-they even collect the luggage for you and deliver it to your rooms-awesome. You watch a neat little video on the way.
Welcome to Walt Disney World

This was the most fun part. We stayed at the Carribbean Beach resort, in a pirate room. Yes, a pirate room. It rocked.
The pirate ship beds








Captain Jack Sparrow
(This painting is of Jack at the end of the Pirates ride here)





The curtain separating the vanity area






Inside the barrel of rum was our fridge






These 'crates' were drawers



There was also a trunk, another barrel without the front as a nightstand, a table with a map on it, and an awesome carving of the Flying Dutchman on the wall in the shower (I fogot to get a picture). But I had already unpacked and had stuff on those items by the time I took pictures. Oh well.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I loved that room, so cute, Jake would of killed to be there with you I am guessing. I am not even going to show him these pics, he will be so jealous.

You guys look like you had a blast!

Disney is amgical, we have loved it everytime!

Jason said...

Wait, like it literally rocked, like a pirate ship?