This weekend was blah. A fellow deployed wife was feeling the same as me. We were doing okay with this deployment until this four day weekend happened. Not that I begrudge other wives time with their husbands, it is just hard to see sometimes. Especially over holidays. At least we are on the downswing of this rotation. I am trying to hold on to that. It feels like time has slowed down though.
So Memorial Day. I decided to have some other deployed wives over for a barbeque so we wouldn't all sit at home moping. What a day! Each women brought a different meat and we all shared, YUMM!!! We had hot dogs for the kids, potato salad, salad, fruit, veggies, mimosas, and, of course, smore's. The weather was perfect, not too hot or humid, nice breeze. The kids had fun, the moms had fun, no major meltdowns ensued. Good day. Thanks ladies for sharing the day with us.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment