Friday, January 2, 2009

I was tagged...

...and I wouldn't normally, but for Holly's friend Melanie, who wants to see someone who's fourth picture isn't of adorable kids, here you go.


This was the fourth picture taken on our brand new, 2.3 megapixel digital camera, 5 1/2 years ago. It was fourth of July weekend and we had driven to Normandy, France (we were stationed in England at the time). Le Mont St Michel is a big rock that houses a monestary and tiny village. When the tide rolls in, the road and parking lot are covered over and it becomes an island. It was beautiful. I know my picture doesn't do it justice so click on the link and have a gander at some professional shots.

And I am sorry Melanie, but I had to include this shot.


Jake, 2 1/2 and Elle, 6 1/2
This pictue was my favorite from this trip. I can't believe how little they were! It was taken in the Monestary, in the inner courtyard, and it brought back such vivid memories. That summer was the beginning of our countdown to PCS'ing from England. We had one year left and, even though we had done a lot of traveling, we felt a panic, like we hadn't done anything. This was the first of many amazing things we saw that year. By far and away, the beaches of Normandy was our favorite trip in that four years. And finding Le Mont was a bonus, we found it by chance during our wanderings, looking for the WWII cemetaries that dot the countryside.
I am so ready to go back overseas.

4 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Kristine - I want to go to Europe. Ah well....praying for God's will - though I have a few simple pointers.... ::watch out for lightening::.

I'd do you tag but WHAT photo folder? The first one on this computer, the first one of 2009, the first one ever - have to go find old discs.....Am I making this too difficult? ::snort::

Kris said...

De'Etta,
I opened my ENTIRE picture file and went for the oldest folder and posted number 4. I suppose you could use whichever you feel like but, for the record, only you could possibly have a large enough file for 2009 already!

Holly said...

they are sooo little!

Cheryl said...

Kristine, I really enjoyed reading your blogs and catching up with you guys a bit. I loved the pictures of Mont St. Michel... and remember that summer well...we were doing the same thing, packing it all in! Those were great days!