Monday, June 30, 2008

Teething Baby

Today was tough. It would be very easy for me to tell you all the things that made today tough. But I won't. I realized after I had emailed my husband, who is deployed right now, that my email was very negative. So I emailed back and apologized, and began listing the good things from today. Surprisingly, or maybe not such a surprise, when I stopped focusing on the negative, there was a lot of good today. Here is what I came up with;
  • I got in a strength training workout this morning
  • I did get the kitchen and the floors clean
  • I got a call from my husband today
  • The older kids picked up and put away their toys from around the house
  • My son picked up his room (mostly)
  • Our baby layed her head on my chest and fell right to sleep this afternoon and it was precious
  • I got the living room cleaned and vacuumed, and the couch cleared off
  • The weather was absolutely gorgeous again today (that is saying something these days!)
  • I had the privilege of comforting the cutest baby in the world which God has blessed me with.
  • I made her laugh numerous times today
  • I got to visit with a close friend
  • I took a walk with my children
  • My kids went and read books willingly in their rooms when I needed some down time
  • I have the love of an amazing man
  • I am precious and loved by my Lord and Saviour

Today was a good day.

2 comments:

Holly said...

awesome list and YEAH...you're up and running!!!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Oh GOOD! I'll follow you this way. She's adorable, Kristine. I hadn't realized or had forgotten (most likely) that Ben is deployed. Will be praying.