Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Am I surprised?

Not really.

At least, after my initial rage and shock and the desire to scream wore off.

There is nothing like waking up to find one giant hole being dug in your front yard, your driveway blocked, and work men preparing to dig the next giant hole.

So I go out and wish them good morning and jokingly ask, "I thought we were supposed to get notice before y'all started digging?". Yeah, they snorted at me and said, "you didn't?". I said something about classic America's 1st through my growl. Funnily enough, so did the other construction guy.

I am then informed that they are breaking for lunch in a few but when they come back they will be blocking my driveway again for quite a while if I want to move my vehicle out of the way.

Super.

I came in and dug up the letter we all got last week about this project, let me tell you what it says.
"Due to the type of work being completed, parking will be impacted; however, all driveways will remain open. One day prior to activity impacting a home, Rising View will leave door tags on the homes directly in front of the next day's construction requesting that there be no curb side parking the following day."

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

So far, every single part of that statement was a lie. Parking? Not impacted, completely obliterated. Park another street over. Driveway? Not open, blocked until they are done. Door tags/notice? Yeah right.

Oh goody, they're on to hole number three. At least they are just about out of yard to tear apart. Well, now I know why they haven't ticketed me for not mowing and guess what, I have no intentions of it either. I'd like to see that guy try and leave a ticket on my door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to say I am surprised and how unlike American First this is and everything, but.......I CAN"T!

I mean, what did we really expect from a company that runs their business like a group of monkeys trying to you-know-what a football!

Missy said...

Errrr, I am irritated with you!!! I am dreading them coming to my street...there is a town hall meeting with Am. First on Wednesday, I'll make sure to pitch a fit for you!!